Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:04 PM
Default Sims FML
There's a website fmylife.com where people write two-four sentences on something that happened during their day which can be funny for others to read but stinks for the person to which it happened to. People can vote either "I agree, your life sucks" or "You deserved it" and Facebook "Like" it if it's funny, but FMLs can be serious too. Each FML is written the same way: "Today, (fill in the blank with what happened). FML."
So I thought it would be cool if we could have a Sim-related FML thread. Your FMLs can be serious or funny, and either something you did in your game (ex. accidently deleting graves) or you can get creative and do it from your Sims' point of view (ex. an unexpected/unwanted pregnancy or death). Our voting buttons will be:
Agree = I agree, your life sucks (YLS)
Disagree = You deserved it (YDI)
Funny = Like

Today, I was making a really nice country house for my engaged couple to move into after their wedding. I spent over two hours working on it, and was almost done with it. Then we lost power. I didn't save it. FML.

Now it's your turn. Add your own whenever and vote. I expect to get a lot of YDIs on mine since it was my fault. :P
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:24 PM
I recently took a Sim to a community lot and three other Sims, Katherine, Cole and Max were there, as non controllables. They're all friends and Katherine and Max have been together since high school. Cole kissed Katherine and destroyed two relationships.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:38 PM
Halfway through teen makeovers, the oven burst into flames, incinerating my third attempt at Santa cookies so if I can't make any decent ones in the next hour, I'll be getting another lump of coal. FML.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:55 PM
Last night as I opened the last household in the Downtown rotation of Drama Acres, I got an error notification (testingcheats were on). So I reset and the house loaded. I played, saved, got an error, reset, got to neighborhood. Went and played Strangetown because I back up Drama Acres at the end of each subrotation. Played two birthday parties in Strangetown, closed the game, backed up both neighborhoods, added a little CC, ran Hoodchecker -

Couldn't run Hoodchecker. Crap. Ran it for Strangetown. No problem.

Opened SimPE because I had something I wanted to change in Strangetown that I couldn't do with testingcheats during the game. Got error opening Strangetown. Crap. Tried Drama Acres. No problem.

My plan is to open Drama Acres this evening, long enough to move the household out of that apartment and bulldoze the lot - the error message located the error in the apartment itself, so the Hoodchecker problem might well reside there. It means abandoning some novels, but that's a small price to pay for continued hood usage. If I still can't run HoodChecker, I'll follow the directions given to me by the error notice, which involves attaching a copy of the hood to the download thread for Mootilda to study. No point adding more work to her pile if bulldozing the lot will fix it.

No idea what to do about Strangetown.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 5:44 PM
In short, "My game is feeling lazy. It shows that by throwing random errors when I try to access my Strangetown. I also can't run HC. FML."
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 9:59 PM
Today, I actually played the game (for once) and decided it was long past time to build my police station in Sirencester (community lot to be owned by my chief policeperson). So I built a derelict factory with all those nice holes in the wall meshes by Guatla. Not sure how that happened. Or what sim is ever going to visit it. FML.

Is that how you do it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:04 PM
My simmies, Luke and Flora got married. Luke's mom, Sandra died of old age not 2 hours after. Now everyone is crying and sobbing. FML.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:21 PM
Today, (Really "a few days ago" ...) after finally getting to the second generation in my first attempt at generational, rotation play, my brother's old computer stopped booting up. I don't have an external back up of that neighbourhood. I'd also just finished touching up four really nice, non-big-box houses. FML

(and an "It Made My Day." On a whim, right before the last time I turned that computer off, I took my Sims 2 CD out so I could later install it on my laptop. IMMD cuz it isn't stuck in a non-functional computer XD)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:32 PM
I have a place of worship in my game, I sometime forget that I have it, I like for my Sims to go there like on "New Year" or I will send a Sims there after a birth of a child ( to give thanks for the birth )
Well one of my Sims couple just had a baby so I send them to the place of worship ( it been a while since I have been to that lot ) but after the couple Sims have try so many time to have a baby, I figure they finally after many try out, have had this beautiful baby boy.

Once my Sims enter the place of worship, well here come the darn townies and some of my neighborhood Sims, everything was fine, everyone was looking at the baby boy.
Then out of blue A big fight broke out from those two idiots townies, Benjamin Long and Goopy Gils carbo. Then two of my regular neighborhood Sims started slapping each other in the face.
Oh well there go my quiet and peaceful day in a place of worship for my couple Sims.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:34 PM
Today I was playing in my "not quite an asylum" lot, where Granny Samsung has been building servos to sell/give to the community. Gramps Samsung is her first servo & he just proposed marriage to her. They get married surrounded by a few aliens, a werewolf & a vampire. Everyone is cheering & happy to see Granny find love in her old age. While Gem (an alien)is toasting the happy couple, Gramps had snuck into the hot tub while I wasnt paying attention. Of course his needs drop & he goes berserk, upshot of which he electrocutes his bride in front of witnesses. At least she died reasonably happy in plat. Fml
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:33 AM
I aged the elderly founder of my random legacy challenge three days forward using simblender when i showed my brother what it could do. I didn't realize she was really close to dying and she died the next day, a few minutes after she got her LTW and jUST before her granddaughter aged up into a child. Two days later, the wife of the current torch holder and the maid got cozy on the couch and now she's pregnant since I forgot to turn off auto try for baby. ...and then her wife got pregnant from risky woohoo fml

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 7:31 AM
Got the Santa cookies baked. Santa turned up and left them all a toy car. Yay!
Then one of my sims dropped dead. Even Santa had a cry about it.
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 9:33 AM
I really struggle with recolouring, I have been trying to make the same outfits for almost 2 years now. I have followed tutorials, asked advice here, tried to copy from other images, and I am still rubbish at it. Maybe because I can't draw, and I had never used a graphics editing program before I started making sims clothes. I feel overwhelmed by it sometimes. FML!

Oh well, I might go and just play the game for a bit.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 6:51 PM Last edited by medieval_simmer : 25th Sep 2013 at 6:57 PM.
Alexander Goth had just come home from college, married Lucy and had had a daughter, Mary, when he caught a cold. He dropped dead in 2 days(he still had 25 days to elder when he died) and will never meet his posthumous son, called Alexander after him. FML.
Instructor
#15 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 8:45 PM
Today, I played the O'Mackey house and my first order of business was to repair the relationship between Gabe and Alexandra. Using Jules as a go-between, I got Gabe and Alexandra to "hang out" for quite a few sim hours, laughing and talking. As soon as Jules got up to go make dinner, Gabe stood and queue up "Slap". It took a few more sim minutes for Alexandra to stand up and receive her slap, after which she promptly slapped Gabe back, destroying all the gains they just got in their relationship. FML
Forum Resident
#16 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 9:48 PM
The mayor of my town and his wife had just moved into a bigger house to make room for their three growing children. The mayor, Max, had just turned elder and, not wanting to have any more children talked his wife into going on birth control before the move. However, I didn't know moving reset the birth control option. So imagine the surprise when Max found himself to be a father-to-be with just days before his demise. Not to mention that the birth of the new child caused the family to live in a crowded house once more.....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 10:13 PM
Today (but in reality, over a year ago) my founder Chandra, who is an elder, got pregnant through a glitch. She already has three children including an adopted one, as well as over 20 grandchildren with 2 on the way. OH NO.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 11:19 AM
Tonite a widower sim was in the bathroom practicing romance when the afternoon school bus arrives. His teen son comes dashing into the bathroom pleased as punch about receiving an A+ on his report card. The dad is thrilled until his teen daughter follows behind her brother. The bathroom is now cramped with no visible means of escape. Then another teen son shows up waving his A+ in the air, while all three of them are shouting with excitement, all dad could think of was how lucky he is that his youngest daughter hasn't hit teenage yet. Last nite a sim broke up with his wife for cheating on him. The funny part was, she walked off the lot wearing only her underwear. I so dreaded her showing up on a community lot today dressed in nothing but her undies but she was a no-show. lol
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 11:27 AM
Today Chase Mitcham set fire to his breakfast, lunch and dinner all on his first day in his new apartment. Starting a fire was one of his fears each three times and he has now hit aspiration failure. FML.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:32 PM
Today I tried to pretty up a lot until it looked like there has been a meteor shower... wanted to save -> game crashed. Should have saved before *facepalm*. FML
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:25 PM
I managed to bork my last legacy family by quitting /and/ saving when the social worker came to drop off the new adopted kid instead of quitting /without/ saving. I'm still upset about that, especially since it was the third generation and farther than I'd ever gone with one before ; n;/

New Livejournal
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pondefloor
I managed to bork my last legacy family by quitting /and/ saving when the social worker came to drop off the new adopted kid instead of quitting /without/ saving. I'm still upset about that, especially since it was the third generation and farther than I'd ever gone with one before ; n;/

I'm sorry for you
And still I don't know how that was technically possible. The options to save, quit etc should normally be turned off when she's on the lot (and also a while after she's been gone). Had the build and buy modes also been accessible?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
I'm sorry for you
And still I don't know how that was technically possible. The options to save, quit etc should normally be turned off when she's on the lot (and also a while after she's been gone). Had the build and buy modes also been accessible?

Nope. It wasn't accessible when she was there. And ikr I'm still floored that the game even let me do something so stupid. I guess that's what I get for trying to manipulate the game into giving me what I wanted instead of just taking another girl .-. That family was literally only girls for three generations too.

New Livejournal
Instructor
#24 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Argenta
Today I tried to pretty up a lot until it looked like there has been a meteor shower... wanted to save -> game crashed. Should have saved before *facepalm*. FML

Ahhh! This happened to me sort of. I spent about an hour getting a fire to "burn down" the Beaker home (in my game, Circe was just as much Loki's captive as Nervous Subject was, but wasn't experimented on. Circe started the fire to kill Loki and free Nervous and herself.) After I had successfully burned everything to ash and rubble, I saved and exited to neighborhood. Without thinking it through, I moved Circe and Nervous to the family bin which meant they took all their "belongings" with them, including the ashes and rubble. I was so mad because I wanted to make Erin Beaker move in and clean up all the mess.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 2:11 AM
I built a school for my sim children, compelete with a swimming pool and riding stables. Just as I was going to save it, the power went off. FML!
Page 1 of 3