Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:51 AM
Default What would you say is your favorite mod for the sims 2? And why?
I personally love Lazy Duchess Story Progression Mod <3 It gives the game so much more life imo <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 6:50 AM
Squinge's No More Fires, because it removes the risk that somebody I love will be reduced to a pile of ashes every time they cook a meal. I just know that I never ever want to watch anybody burn to death. This mod has brought me peace of mind. I'm not sure if I'd have been able to go on playing without it. I suppose it's because I love my Sims and feel for them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 8:19 AM
Skilling on Community Lots.

My Sims don't have to sit at home alone, studying.
They can go to the library, the gym, the art park - anywhere where skilling objects can be found. And they can meet other sims, have coffee or a meal, dance, play red hands or whatever else they want to do as well.
It is far more interesting for me as a player too!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 9:21 AM
The Insimenator mod (I know there are a variety of similar ones, like the SimBlender and all sorts, but I'm used to this one, and I like it, and don't you dare try prying it out of my hands and tell me something is better, 'cause I won't listen ).

And the freezer clock. I honestly don't know how I got through photoshoots with multiple sims without it before I installed AL (I somehow did, which is why it's on a very close second).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 11:13 AM
I'd have to say (which is really hard to pick just ONE out)

The visitor controller. You can use it on every single lot and it's perfect.

But I have a lot of others I could list..the second one would have to be half time by Chris Hatch.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:12 PM
I've used this one since 2007- and the updates zaza posted on the second page too.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,10625.0.html
Absolutely essential for hood builders who like to detail!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Squinge's No More Fires, because it removes the risk that somebody I love will be reduced to a pile of ashes every time they cook a meal. I just know that I never ever want to watch anybody burn to death. This mod has brought me peace of mind. I'm not sure if I'd have been able to go on playing without it. I suppose it's because I love my Sims and feel for them.

This only I was in a house fire in 2012 so for me, it's due to PTSD reasons. It's been so long, over 11 years, I probably could play without it now but...I don't want to. I do let my sims die, but almost always from old age...almost always lol. I don't need my sims to die by fire, like some of my pets did and like I almost did.

Apart from that, I never thought about it. I guess the sim manipulator? It's on every lot and I use it for one reason or another lol. Oh and ACR as well, and that can result in some wtf and some lol and some *again?*

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 6:01 PM

My sims rarely cook in TS2, but they aren't a walking fire haard, at least most of the time. I'd definitely need a mod like that in TS4 though, since my sims are destined to eat salad until they get their first cooking point (they WILL set themselves on fire if they use a stove before then, no questions asked)

I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that the cook+fire mechanics in TS2 is such that the sims will have a higher chance of getting distracted and burning food/setting fire to the kitchen if the dish is at their current cooking level, which means they're destined to burn level 10 dishes (like lobster) about 50% of the time forever . If the sim is above the cooking level of a dish, they usually won't burn it unless they get very distracted (and it's not immediate either). I honestly have had fewer issues in TS2 than the other games with sims setting fire to themselves while cooking... But I always place a sprinkler in fire hazard areas, just in case.

Now, Christmas trees and fireplaces, that's another story
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that the cook+fire mechanics in TS2 is such that the sims will have a higher chance of getting distracted and burning food/setting fire to the kitchen if the dish is at their current cooking level, which means they're destined to burn level 10 dishes (like lobster) about 50% of the time forever . If the sim is above the cooking level of a dish, they usually won't burn it unless they get very distracted (and it's not immediate either). I honestly have had fewer issues in TS2 than the other games with sims setting fire to themselves while cooking... But I always place a sprinkler in fire hazard areas, just in case.

Which is why I'm so fond of prepared meals like buckets of fried chicken, burgers and other yummies-because they're already cooked. Pixels like them because they don't have to cook, either. Reduces fire risk to 0 if they have prepared foods in their inventory.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 11:07 PM
I don't think is possible to pick just one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 11:31 PM

I must just download this one tbh
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 2:49 AM
this community skill mod because it fits perfectly in the game, owned business and the ticket machine become a lot more useful and fun.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 3:27 AM
I have many favourite mods, but if I can only have one, I guess the Sim manipulator since it does so many things. https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#14 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 7:47 PM
Quantifiably Sim Blender is my favorite mod for how often I use it. It is hard to pick just one, so I at least have my top 5 picked out.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 8:59 AM
Top-20 may be a better idea
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I don't think is possible to pick just one.

It is! I was trying to think of one that I used in all of my games (from the hood-building setups with very minimal CC, to the alien world, to the world I play with someone else, to the full CC, all bells and whistles hood I've had for over a decade). And the one I linked to make hood deco placement free-er was the main one. But then, I always use my custom camera mod too! Ans If I'm creating sims, custom sliders! And the FFS Debugger and SimBlender... Arghh! And the CEP....
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Top-20 may be a better idea

True!
(Then I could mention at least a small portion of my favorites )
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 6:49 PM
I picked community lot skilling, because, for me, it changed the way I played the game. Keep in mind that I played the vanilla game for years.

Learning from and teaching each other skills (or just sharing hobby tips or discussing film and literature) - all of that have started to be a lot more enjoyable. Playing chess with other sims; teaching other sims on the putter thingy - everything seems to be just better.

It started to become quite a bit of a challenge to get sims to all skill on community lots. Sending soldiers on their days off to work out in the gym, or in the sports park often mean that they get to know each other and form (imho) the type of bond that soldiers should have. Same with the police. Having each other's back.

It also led to me having sims in the same career going on outings together (end-of the year party; gala dinner; even business lunches for the business owners). While I think some other mods help a lot, the skilling on community lots started it all.

I know I cannot do with other mods either, like the CEP - good grief, no recolors will drive me nuts And I find the blender extremely useful; can never play without a camera mod again in my life and certainly have a bunch of mods that I love.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 9:31 AM
God, this is so hard to choose just one when I have at least 20 I will never play without.

But if I have to choose just one its S2L Teen Woohoo mod.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#20 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 3:39 AM
antipeeobsession. Everything else in game is immediately more difficult without that
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 11:39 AM
The Sim Manipulatior, Visitor Controller, the Sim Blender and, of cource, ACR (now that I know how to use ACR, my game would never be the same again without the "slap-fests" between my simmies, lol!).
Instructor
#22 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 1:59 PM
Sim Blender and Monique's hacked computer. They're the two most useful mods for me.
Sim Blender enables me to tweak my Sims and fix numerous things. The hacked computer adds realism and I love the banking options.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 11:40 PM
It's hard to say so I will say my "Must Have Mods are from Pescado, Squinge, TwoJeffs and Inge, Monique.
Each serves a different purpose Some protect your hood or what happening within the Sims behaviors or to just stop or change things that may or may not get on your last nerves.
But we also have new members that are modders that have came up with good ideas and changes. So it comes down to what mods you want to use and for what purpose or not.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".