Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Losing EA Original objects
I have been having a problem with original EA objects disappearing or suddenly having only one color choic in the game. I realize that this is being caused by something I've downloaded as I was able to locate two files that caused it before. I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a way to identify these using any tool or whatever...code names...anything...so that I don't have to go thru another round of installing and un-installing all my downloads??? I hope????
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:15 PM
You don't need to uninstall/reinstall all your downloads. Just use the batch fix from the latest SimPE. Badly made recolors will overright the Maxis defaults or cause the objects to only have 1 color choice. Make sure you also have the CEP files installed.

There is no easy way to find the culprit. Everything is internal to the file. You can try to see if Clean Installer will find dupes (pink ones) for you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:21 PM
Default answer to the dissapearing EA items
I had a similar problem. I got University, right and downloaded 3 guitar hanging for the walls, when i went into the proper section i coincidently found that my real guitar that came with the EP was gone, when i knew it was in that catagory before. I blamed it on the guitar decor i dled so i deleted them and my guitar came back

you downloaded an object that overrighted the games origional copy be careful of those downloads.

PS my cat ran away GR!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:27 PM
I don;t
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:32 PM
Hmmm.sorry something went wrong and my message went without being finished. I was going to say, I do not have the EP, but my cheap desk chair has disappeared entirely. I wonder if there is a limit as to how many new-mesh objects you can have. However, deleting several of my new mesh chairs did not bring back the cheap Maxis desk chair.
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:36 PM
Original EA objects suddenly having only one color choice can happen even if you don't have any downloads at all. I didn't even know quite a few of the objects had different color choices until I downloaded the CEP. Disappearing/re-appearing color choices is a bug in the original game that EA and Maxis have yet to officially acknowledge, as far as I know. EA has even gone so far as to lie about it to someone who e-mailed for tech support; that thread (about the colonial bedframe I believe) is on this board somewhere.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone!! WOW!!! That's the fastest response ever! Now...I have to figure out how SimPE works while brain dead....this should be fun........
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 4:05 PM
I'm happy to report that I FINALLY figured out how to use SimPE (well...for this at least) and it worked like a charm! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I found out that the EA objects that suddenly disappeared or only had one choice were being caused by something I downloaded thinking it was just another download but the S2PCI is showing as a hack! This is for the Sill Length Tie Back curtains and the Anti-Quaint-Ed Armoire. Has anyone else reported this and does anyone know WHICH ones these are as I had to delete them and can't identify them now????
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 2:38 AM
The only way you can find the culprit is to use SimPE to look inside the package and isolate it by the GroupName. It's a pain in the butt, but that's what I did to categorize my downloads further by type of download (i.e. seating, curtains, tables, etc). Looks like a recolor had overwritten the Maxis original. Good luck!