Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 3:07 AM
Default conical roof visual glitch
Hi!

I made a little house with a bay window, using a conical roof (OFB) to cover the bay. However, inside the house, most of the second storey is full of roof. Access isn't blocked - I moved a sim in and she walks straight through. Furniture also places normally, but it all disappears into the roof visuals. I've attached a pic so you can see what is happening.

Normally, roofing is not visible inside, once you have built a room poking through it. So, is there anything I can do to fix it, or is it just something dumb about the OFB roof types?

Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 12:11 AM
Something dumb about the OFB roof types. I've tried unsuccessfully to try to make it disappear but it just won't. D:
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 11:28 AM
Oh well, guess I'll live with it then. Thanks for replying!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:14 PM
Any irregularly shaped roofs were all made by graphical illusions. That means certain part(s) of it are only graphically defined as located at the location we see. And since this's all about graphics, the roof can't physically block the sims.
The game engine still counts grids to define whether an area is blocked by the "roofs".

To test out which roof will have what part(s) of it accessible to sims or objects, build the roof(s) in question on the ground in an empty lot and observe the shadowed grids and the unshadowed grids during day time.

Normally, the edge(s) be more likely counted as sims-accessible as the shadowing of the floor grid suggests.

Yet, to be more accurate, one may try to see if the values for (light, load, place) and 3D array's instance 0x14 at the grids in question have anything to do with it.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...0x0A.2C_or_0x0B
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=204112

Some upper roof(s) right above the roof part(s) in question can mask or silence the unwanted roof part(s). Also, that can make whole affected sims-accessible.

Roof pieces never disappear in a room until an upper roof piece is right above it at the same location for the grid along the vertical span.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies