Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:43 AM
Default Split-Level Stairs WITHOUT warped walls?
I have a feeling this has been answered before, but I haven't found it yet. I'm hoping my assumption is false.

I'm working on a three-story house with two L-shaped stairs with landings, against walls. I've been using Samharr's tutorial for Split Level Stairs (that's the stair shape I'm going for), and Jonesi’s Tutorial for Split Level WITHOUT warped walls. I'd like to know if it's possible to build split level stairs against a wall and still use the "no-warp" fix?

See, the thing is, this lot has a split level floor already - it behaves the same as an attached garage. Then on top of that I'm trying to make stairs with a landing, on top of the foundation. (And if I can get it to work, I'll make another story with another landing on top of that.) I don't know if it being on a foundation makes a difference or not.

The stairs and the landing work fine when I build them, but trying to make the walls level again feels slightly futile, because it either raises the landing (away from the stairs) or lowers the upper level (away from the stairs). I found a work-around by using the level above that, but that feels kind-of like overkill, you know? (Though if that's what it takes, I'll use six, heck, twelve floors for a three-story house if it'll do what I want and be playable. Heh.) After going back and forth a number of times, I thought I'd ask.

I have all expansion packs, so I have the stage available, but it's really not tall enough for what I'm trying to do.

I hope it's possible, I really want to make this specific house from a TV show.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:28 PM
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 12th May 2007 at 8:11 PM
I have a ready-made half-landing staircase (non modular) at dinnerbell if you're interested, but of course you can't get off the stairs half way up like if they were modular ones.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Alicelove : 12th May 2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Thank you for your reply, Niol. I read the whole thread (*is a dork and didn't at first*) and now I think I can do it right!

Thank you again!
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies